National Service Scheme is one of the pathways to serve the society for the academic institutions. It creates a platform for the students to show their talents to enhance their knowledge, to combine the knowledge and action to achieve results for community development. Our NSS are committed to prepare the NSS volunteers for the community for the democratic, self-disciplined and self-reliant way of life. One of the essential parts for the success of any organization is the acquaintance of its members with the organization. NSS executive committee headed by the Principal and the committee members are the NSS Programme Officers with 100 NSS volunteers.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are:
1. Understand the community in which they work.
2. Understand themselves in relation to their community.
3. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving.
4. Develop among them a sense of social and civic responsibility.
5. Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
6. Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
7. Gain skills in mobilising community participation.
8. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
9. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
10. Practise national integration and social harmony.